Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Might as Well Jump!

Alright, I know Doodle Jump isn't quite the newest trend in apps.  But I have to admit, it's my current go-to game.  Whenever I'm lying in bed, waiting for the toaster or just killing a minute or two before I leave for class, you can be sure I'm playing Doodle Jump on my iPod.
Why, you might ask, is a simple game so addicting?  I've thought about it, and I've come to the conclusion that playing Doodle Jump is like taking a vacation.  Really!  Hear me out on this one.  I've even got pictures to help me make my point.  So here we go!

This is the genuine original Doodle Jump.  For those of you who aren't familiar with it, all you're supposed to do is get that little yellow guy, called the Doodler, up as high as you can by letting him bounce off the green planks.  Don't trust the brown ones, though.  You'll fall right through them and die.
But this is just the beginning!  Doodle Jump has nine other themes, and that's where the vacation part comes in.  I'll show you just a few of the themes to make my point.  :)

Craving a cruise?  Let's go scuba diving!  The Doodler is geared up and even blows bubbles.  How awesome is that?!  You'll pass starfish, crabs and other sea creatures.  Enjoy their company, but don't bump into them.  They'll kill you.

If you're more of the explorer type, take a jungle safari through the rainforest!  Notice that the Doodler is in full safari getup, and it actually is raining.  I wouldn't hesitate to say that this is the most exotic of all the themes. 

Ok, I promise this is the last one.  But look at the Doodler...he's in outer space!!!  Dressed like an astronaut, he's literally jumping through the Milky Way.  This is the perfect vacation for when you really need to get away, because you're completely leaving planet Earth.  

I'd give more examples, but I have to get packing.  I'm leaving to go home for Easter break in three hours...and nothing is packed.  So I'll see you when I get back to Sioux City!  Until then...go ahead, jump.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment