Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Beauty of a Bonfire

Last night, I got to experience my first bonfire of 2012.  And you know what?  I had a blast!  I went with my Bible study group to one of our adult leaders' house.  After enjoying plenty of hot dogs, pasta salad and strawberries, we went outside and spent a couple hours around the fire.  I told a couple of my girlfriends there that it felt like we were on some kind of northern retreat.  It felt great to just sit outside and enjoy good friends, conversation, and the beauty of this early April evening.
Actually, as I'm writing this, I'm looking back at all the pictures I took of the evening and smiling.  It really was a great night!  Here's why.

What I Learned at the Bonfire :)

  • If you can successfully roast six marshmallows on one stick at the same time, you are officially a bonfire champ.
  • 'Mallow = cute nickname for a marshmallow.
  • If you're really deep in conversation with some of your best friends, you won't even notice that it got completely dark while you were talking until you get up to leave and realize that you can't see anything around you.
  • After 19 years of living, I'm pretty aware of and content with the fact that the fire is, in fact, going to feel like it's melting my face.  And it's completely worth it.
  • You feel really cool when you get back to your dorm at night and smell like bonfire.  Well, I felt cool, anyway.  
  • Only your true friends will sit outside and freeze with you for two hours just to answer your burning (that's an unfortunate pun...) questions about some of life's biggest controversies.  
And that's all I've got for today!  Shout-out to all my lovely ladies.  I hope you're reading this.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment